Monday, December 22, 2008

The Eve of the Eve of Christmas Eve

Since I have a sneaking suspicion that this might be the last time I have to just screw around on the computer for awhile before Christmas, I thought I should spend a little time updating. We are really getting winter this year. Unlike more recent Christmases, this one feels like an old-fashioned Christmas with the cold and snow. No question at all about a white Christmas. At -11 degrees, this snow isn't going anywhere for awhile. The cold is fine for now, but I hope it warms up after the hubbub of the holidays so that we can get out and enjoy some of this snow. It's tough to ski when it's below zero.

Despite the frigid temps, we did venture out last night for a nice dinner at the M&S Grill and the George Winston concert at Orchestra Hall. It was a last minute decision, but the restaurant was quiet and there we tickets available for the concert. Winston is an unbelievable musical talent. Not much for showmanship until he starts to play.

Suppose I should quit stalling and get to work. The house needs a good once-over before we get to any serious celebrations, and there are a few food dishes that I can get prepped in advance so that I can avoid spending too much time in the kitchen later in the week. Calorie counting be damned for a few days!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Pretty tree. I'm baking today. Ben comes home tomorrow!!! I know you're enjoying having J home. Have a Merry Christmas. Hope to see you soon!