Monday, April 12, 2010

Back Off Bunnies! New Fence

Last summer's blooms were hiding a fence that truly needed some work. The paint was old and fading and the mesh fencing was torn. Some of the post tops had started to fall apart, and some of them even sported bumper crops of moss. I tried to talk myself into believing that it was Shabby Chic, but I knew better. It was just shabby.

So, last week I made myself a bargain. If I did all the work myself, I would splurge and buy a new arbor instead of trying to refinish my old one. Deal. And let me tell you, I earned my new arbor.

Several days later, after pulling nails, stripping old wire mesh, sanding, painting, and installing new rabbit proof fencing, I am happy to say I have a shiny new way to keep those &%#@ bunnies from eating my vegetable garden. I'm exhausted and have muscles that hurt that I didn't even know that I had, but it feels great to have this project done.



And the arbor is on order.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

That's a nice garden! Bunnies beware!