Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Knitting for Old Age

Maybe it's just me, but when I get towards the end of a project, I tend to get very focused on finishing. One more row...one more row. Sometimes it's because I'm ready to move on to something else. More often, it's because I can't wait to see what it's going to look like once it's all done.

This Deep Peace Shawl was the rare exception to that rule. I hated to see the knitting come to an end! The simple lace patterns were fun to knit, and the yarn...the yarn. Such beautiful Riverwinds Farm Yarn! The colors are perfect and the spun fiber is some of the nicest I have ever used.

Now if I could only learn to be comfortable wearing shawls. I love to knit them; I just rarely use them. They always seem to be in my way when I'm trying to get some work done. I'm telling you, someday, I will be the envy of my nursing home.

No comments: