Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Webs Delivery

Add ImageMy box o' yarn from Webs was waiting for me when I got home yesterday afternoon. How great is that? Three sweaters-to-be. Hours and hours of fun in a little cardboard box.

Let the swatching begin!

I'm leaning toward starting with the blue Berroco Blackstone tweed and the "Fylingdales" pattern in A Fine Fleece. Since the yarn is a darker blue, I think a simple pattern is the best. No point in doing a bunch of complex cables on such a dark field. Mmmm, but the Lamb's Pride is such a pretty brown. I sound like an addict.

By the way, as much as I love this book---and I do love this book, the one major downside is the photography. It's not that the pictures aren't beautiful; they are. It's just that they don't give a knitter much information. Go ahead and do all the artsy shots you want, but throw me one picture where I can actually see most of the sweater. Ravelry pictures have been more useful than the book itself.

In the category of ta-da, I finally finished a little Cabled Baby Blanket that I started ages ago. I needed a break from Prayer Shawls as my movie watching project, so several months ago I grabbed a cone of acrylic sport weight yarn that I've had forever and cast on a blanket for Birthright.

It's true. No sheep were robbed to make this blanket, but it's just not practical to think that a young mother is going to hand wash spit-up off a blanket, so it's a good fit.

The pattern is simple to memorize. The sport weight gauge did mean slow progress--just right during our long winter. Now I think that there's enough yarn left on the cone to cast on a sweater to go with it. Maybe even booties. A baby ensemble.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Very nice stash. I like the cones...it looks similar to my Rowan Scottish Tweed.