Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Miette

I've strayed. I saw a cute little summer cardigan and dropped my wool Fylingdale like a hot potato.

It didn't last long. A week later I'm back to wool, but I have to admit, I enjoyed the break.

I first saw Miette on the Ravelry Top 10. It got high marks from the people who had already knit it up, but the pictures didn't sell it to me completely. So I decided to try it on the cheap.

Having finished, here's what I've learned:
1. Yes. I will probably knit this again.
2. I like wool. Every time I try a project with a cotton-like yarn (this one happens to be acrylic--and not a bad one at that) I'm a little disappointed. I like summer weight sweaters--just not in a gauge I am willing to take on by hand knitting. Wool is good.
3. I'm glad I added an extra repeat of length on the body of the sweater. I'm 5'2" tall. I never add an extra repeat of length to a sweater.
4. I don't really need darts. Sad.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

LOVE this little sweater! I hope I get to see it (and you) soon.