Sunday, October 19, 2008

Apples, St. Brigid, and New Equipment

It was such a beautiful fall Sunday, that we felt compelled to visit our local apple orchard. Not surprisingly, a few other folks had the same idea. Pine Tree Apple Orchard was the happening spot with hayrides, live music, a corn maze, pumpkin patch...oh yea, and apples.


Watching the ALCS has been fun this weekend, too. (Go Rays!) It's also been a great time to put the finishing touches on my St. Brigid. It's all knit and put together, so I snapped a picture while it's getting a final blocking spread out on the living room carpet. This was my first KAL project which gave it a fun dimension, and it was the first Starmore pattern I have ever knit. With this project, I definitely feel like I've put another notch in my knitting belt. It was actually a pretty easy knit--no complicated sizing or difficult techniques. So, do I love it? I do. It's not a sweater that I will wear a lot. It's so very warm--almost like wearing a coat, but for the right situation, it is a beautiful pattern. I hope I'll have that occasion soon with the cool late October weather blowing in this week.

Those weather fronts always seem to bring in the first colds, too. So in between cups of tea and blowing through a couple boxes of Kleenex this week, I've also been working on setting up my new laptop. I hate buying new computers! I decided to spread out both the old and new laptops on the kitchen table along with an external hard drive that has all my files on it and set it to install, transfer, and search for drivers while I went about my business. I'm still working on getting it to recognize my old printer (I think this might be a lost cause), sync perfectly with my iPod touch (grrrr!), and remember all my preferences on Firefox. Here's hoping this laptop has a long life. I'm getting too old and impatient to do this too many more times.

Well, that's my life this week. And yes, I have already cast on my next knitting project. My son requested a knit hat to go with his new winter coat. I showed him a few of Jared Flood's hat patterns, and he liked the "Turn A Square" design. If there are extra innings tonight...

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I love your St. B!!! You win first, but I'm not too far behind. I have less than 100 rows for the front. I think the sleeves should be a breeze after the marathon for the back and front.