Thursday, November 20, 2008

So, What's With The Squirrels?

It's been an interesting week for squirrel sightings. Thankfully, mine was outside. (See Deb's Visitor.)

This afternoon this unusual little creature was dining on the birdseed that has landed on the ground underneath our feeders. I quickly grabbed my camera and took a few shots. They aren't the best--I didn't want to get to close and scare it away from coming back, but at least I've got proof. I don't think I've ever seen an albino squirrel before. As you can see, its coat is pure white. It came back several times before evening, so I'm hoping it will become a regular.

Apparently, they are fairly rare and don't survive too long because they have poor eyesight and tend to fall from trees. (I'm sorry, but that's kind of funny.) Maybe I'll have to do the unthinkable and actually set out some food for a squirrel.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Isn't it nice when you see them OUTSIDE? Very cool. Maybe it's good luck or something (omen?--naaahh!) I had fun on Friday...thanks!