Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gnomes!

My mystery knitting is complete. I don't think most people would understand how I choose to use my free time, but I've had fun knitting up a few gnomes over the last few weeks. Except for purchasing the "beard yarn", I was able to use all leftovers from former projects, which appeals to my waste-not nature.

The knitting is a piece of cake. I knew that the real test of patience would be in the assembly, so I made myself stop at four before I started bringing them to life. The whole process was great fun.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I knew it! It took me a bit of time, but I looked closely one day. Cute, cute! I'll have to knit some friends for yours and we can have a par-tay.

Kathy said...

Good guess, Deb! Aren't they funny? I usually don't like making something twice, but I can see myself getting this pattern out again.