Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fitzroy

Isn't it great when you finish a summer cardigan, and it's still actually summer? I sewed the buttons on Fitzroy this morning and snapped a few pictures, so I thought I'd pop them up on the site.

I'm very happy with this project. Knitting lace is fun, the pattern works, I like the yarn, and the fit is just right. Like any lace project, you can't get too excited when you see this bumpy heap come off the needles, but after blocking--purty.

Besides a couple issues with knots and yardage, the project was a breeze. The designer gives detailed instructions that could guide even a novice lace knitter to a happy ending.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Nice! Can't wait to have a show and tell. I'll be sewing the Bowknot together today.

I'd share our cookies with Jack, but Ben got his box yesterday (very happy about that) and I'd have to get by Jim for the rest.