Friday, June 19, 2009

Perfection

How often do we get to experience perfection? And yet that's exactly what this is. Peony buds are the epitome of hope, and when they open up--absolute perfection in sight and scent. Sometimes I think I should dig up my whole garden and just plant peonies.

June is a great month in the garden. My rose bushes are blooming, too. And there's the catmint, the false indigo, and a few delphinium buds ready to burst. We have wrens nesting in the birdhouses and are having daily sightings of two white squirrels.

With all the work outside, I must confess that my knitting is suffering some. The slowdown wasn't all due to the garden. Last week it became obvious that I was going to run out of yarn before I was able to finish my final sleeve on my Fitzroy cardigan, so I got on the Net and the good people at Webs found one more skein of the yarn--in my dye lot. How great is that? Now I'm back in business. My vacation knitting fizzled too when I finally decided that I needed sharper dpns than I had to work on a lace shawl that I wanted to start. The hiatus wasn't too painful, and I'm hoping to finish up the "Fitz" just in time to start a swatch with some yarn that's in a postal truck somewhere between here and the East coast.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I can't wait to see the new cardigan. I've had that pattern forever and want to make it--someday! The flowers are gorgeous. I still want the opportunity to do a bit of plein air painting while the blooms are out in you garden. Lovely!