Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Own Boss

Now that summer break is over, and I find that I'm my own boss once again, it's amazing how much I can accomplish in a day. One of the first things on my list was to get to some of the housekeeping chores that tend to slide over the summer months. Disorder is not my friend. After all, I have to keep up my OCD reputation. (I don't think I'm that bad, but then crazy people don't know that they're crazy, do they?)

I've also been anxious to get my Cable Band Cardigan project blocked and put together. Not because it was such a high priority, but I was dying to see what it was going to look like. And whoo-hoo, I think it turned out great--if I do say so myself--and it fits perfectly.

There aren't many sweater patterns that I can knit without making some modifications. Being somewhat height challenged, I usually have to adjust both the body and sleeve length, but this one was right on. There is also just enough shaping around the waist to give it a pretty, feminine fit.

After knitting cables with DK for the last several weeks, I wanted my next project to be something thick and chunky, so I cast on a fall cardigan--almost jacket--in some apple red Lopi on size 101/2 needles. It miraculously grows right before my eyes! I can imagine that by the time I get to posting the details, I could be done.

All right! The boss says it's time to quit loafing and get back to work.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

It turned out beautiful! Can't wait to see it for real.