Monday, March 29, 2010

A Lesson in Discipline: EZ's Green Sweater

I consider myself to be a fairly disciplined person, which to me means that I'm good at sticking with things that I'm not too crazy about doing. This pattern tested my stick-to-it-tive-ness like nothing else I've done as of late. And it was weird because I actually enjoyed the test.

Lucky for me, the first time that I read through the instructions for EZ's Green Sweater it registered something like this: "Knit in the round...something...something...steeks (Should I?)...something...something...pick up stitches for sleeves knit in the round...something...something...sew on buttons." And then I cast on.

I must admit that all the hand stitching got to be a drag by the end of the project, but it is a pretty sweater, and I like the way that it feels when I wear it. I love the Ultra Alpaca and will definitely be using this yarn again in the future.

If you want some more information about my experience with this pattern, I detailed the process on my Ravelry posting ad nauseam. I always appreciate when someone does it for me.

Now, what's next?

No comments: