Friday, October 1, 2010

Take Two

It's a miracle I don't hate this sweater, but now that it's done I actually like it. In fact, I actually like it a lot.

This poor yarn started out as another sweater. It tried. It failed. And as much as I hated to do it, I ended up ripping out the entire back piece. I've got to tell you, at that moment I was not in love with this yarn.

Experience told me that if I threw this yarn in a bin and moved on to something else, it would probably sit there forever. Yarn like that only festers. It's hexed.

So, I reminded myself that I liked this yarn well enough at one point to buy it--and pay quite a bit for it to boot. It was going to become a sweater.

There was a time that that meant digging through piles of old patterns, leafing through my library, or running around to yarn stores to fine a substitute pattern, but no more. Ravelry to the rescue! Their new search service gave me plenty of suggestions and within a short time I had found the perfect sweater for my orphaned yarn. I've called it Willow:Take Two.

Now that it's complete, I still have two skeins of this yarn leftover. They are going into the bin. Maybe someday they'll become a pair of mittens or a kid's sweater. I still like the yarn. I'm just not going to push it.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Very nice! I can't wait to see it. I'm in and out of projects, trying to work from the stash and bonding with the tweeds.