Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cabled Swing Cardi

Finally got around to putting the finishing touches on the Cabled Swing Cardigan that I started last fall. All progress hit a big slog over the Christmas vacation. With company over, visiting family, and being just way too tired most evenings to even pick up the needles, it sat.

It took some gumption to pick it up again. Those are the times that I am glad I was born a monogamous knitter. And thank goodness I had decided to knit both sleeves at the same time. It took me a while to even figure out where I was in the pattern, but once I got going, I hit the groove.

Overall, I'm really happy with the way that the sweater turned out. I had serious doubts about the fit even though I had measured and the gauge was on. It wasn't that I thought that the sweater was too long; it was that I thought I was going to be too short. No need to worry. It's just right.

For the most part, the pattern is well written. I don't think that I would recommend the project for a beginner, but any moderately experienced knitter should be fine. There are a few modifications that I made to the pattern. (I detailed these in my Ravelry notes.) Most of the changes were around the neckline with decreases and the number of stitches to pick up for the collar. (Took the advice of other knitters on that little tip.)

Now if I can ever find the time to wind up the yarn I bought before Christmas, I could swatch up my next EZ project...

No comments: