Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 Draws To A Close

It's been so long since I've had the---time, energy, desire--take your pick, to post anything.  I thought maybe before the New Year passed by I would take a few minutes to type up a quick entry.

Recovery continues after getting through my treatments and stem cell transplant.  I've come a long way but need to keep going to try and get back to feeling like myself and having the energy and stamina to do what I would like.  My goal is to be strong enough to get out in the garden and wrestle it back into shape once the warm weather returns.  Since it's barely 20 degrees today, that seems like a long way off, but I'm sure it will come before we know it.

We certainly are having a much better Christmas this year.  Even though it probably wasn't the wisest idea, considering I still had much to do at home, we took a quick trip to Vegas last week.  Our son was home on break, so the whole family got to spend a few days together with nothing to do but have some fun.  Unfortunately, trouble did hit once we got home.  The guys picked up some kind of stomach flu and we no more than got in the door from the airport and...well, not good.  We even ended up in the ER one day to get some IV fluids.  Not quite sure how I dodged that bullet.  Post transplant paranoid hand washing pays off.

So, we had to miss my family party on Saturday.  We didn't want to be responsible for five families coming down with that mess at Christmas!  We'd be disowned.

Now I'm looking forward to another week to spend with the family before everyone heads back to school and work.  Lots of good movies in the theaters to see.  A few plans with friends.  A fun New Year's Eve ahead.  Fresh snow would be nice, too.

Very much looking forward to 2013. 

No comments: