Thursday, November 19, 2009

Missed It By That Much

So close to making it to the "once a week entry" point. I really do consider myself a fairly disciplined person. I just can't seem to stick to a writing schedule. In my defense, I was writing yesterday---for a couple of hours, in fact, but it wasn't here, was it?

We continue to experience a "warm" November. I have to go outside and laugh menacingly about how each day cheats Old Man Winter. Oh, I know we'll pay, but not today.

Last night we entertained some old and new neighbors. I guess our neighborhood is getting to the second-owner-stage. Literally, there were the old neighbors---those of us whose kids are off to college---and the younguns' who just moved in with three girls under the age of five. Adorable. We shared a pan of White Russian Tiramisu and Italian Prosecco. A real international evening!

On Sunday I picked up some desperation knitting. I had finished everything in my basket, and yet there was a full afternoon of football games ahead of me. I frantically went to my bin of leftovers and right on top sat the two skeins of Debbie Bliss Rialto leftover from my cardigan. Ah-hah! There had to be something in my queue that would work. Matching mittens! So I cast on a pair of Cabled Mittens and happily knit away. Now that one mitten is done, I'm beginning to wonder what I'll do next. Hmmm?

1 comment:

Deborah said...

It's really nice that you meet with your neighbors. The dessert sounds good. I love to make Tiramisu...might have to make some over Christmas!

My knitting is always desperate!