Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Now I Pay

After spending a few days in the lap of luxury as a guest of the Encore in Vegas, now I must pay. Not for any gambling losses, but for the days lost in Christmas prep. No tree or nuthin' up in our house yet. Yikes!

It was worth it. Look at this view! Not to mention much warmer temperatures than we were getting back home. And the food. Ah, the food. For me, Vegas isn't about gambling. It's about the restaurants. I think it might take several days before I actually experience a normal hunger pang again.

The cold wind in the airport parking ramp was an extremely nasty slap in the face that brought me back to reality. Fortunately, I adapt quickly and by even later this morning as I ran to the grocery store I was struck by how warm the car gets in the sunshine even in these grisly temperatures. Besides, it won't be too long and we'll be heading down south again.

As an update...
Before we left, I took delivery on the pattern and yarn for EZ's Green Sweater. As you can plainly see, my Green Sweater is going to be red---lovely red Ultra Alpaca. I read through the pattern to see what's in store, and I saw that word "steek." I've steeked before, just not any of my hand knit projects. I must admit that I was a bit put off at first, but decided that this will be a good time to try something (sort of) new. I've never minded cutting machine knitting before because I think of it as knit fabric. Of course, that's what I create by hand as well. It takes much longer to create though, doesn't it?

Okay, break's over.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Nice! Red is a good choice for a sweater.