Friday, July 25, 2008

You complete me---no, you corrupt me.

After meeting my friend Deb for coffee this morning, one thought kept creeping into my consciousness--Wacky Cake. Wacky Cake and raspberries. (That's right. I'm a deep thinker.) Deb, you must have terrific descriptive skills, because you had me digging through my old recipes until I found what I needed to enjoy what sounded so delicious. Fortunately, I had everything in my pantry to make it for a treat for the weekend. I did have to substitute champagne vinegar for the good old common white variety, but thought that wouldn't be a problem. High brow Wacky Cake.

By the way this was a successful foray into the cocoa powder world. (See below.)

1 comment:

Deborah said...

See? I told you great minds think alike! I just had to have the last piece of my cake today. It was so lonely in the pan.
I don't have that particular color listed on my color choices. Oooohhh, I forgot you got it on sale. That was a really good price, too! I still have a bit of time.