Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fruit-Tea

Nothing like having friends and family coming to get you to clean your house. Luckily, I'm able to kill two birds with one stone this week--a friend's birthday celebration this afternoon and a family get-together over the weekend. I'd be outside right now tilling the soil in my vegetable garden, except that duty calls.

I thought I 'd take a picture of my tried and true fruit tart dessert that I made for today. I was thinking that it looked pretty until I saw the picture. I've got to say, it really doesn't photograph well. I can relate. Oh well, I know it tastes good.

A knitting first for me last night--going to a knitting group. It was fun to just sit and knit and check out other people's projects. I've heard these groups either gel or they don't, and it's still too early to see how this one will fly, but I'm just happy to spend a few hours knitting with my partner-in-yarn-crimes, Deb. My level of concentration is so pitiful, I might just end up frogging everything I do on those nights!

Back to business. Lunch break is over. Just a few more things to get to before the hen party.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

The tart looks good to me! I'm making banana spice cupcakes with buttercream frosting for tomorrow. I used the tall cupcake papers so I'd only have to do one batch.