Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Not-So-Crazy-About-Sewing-Seams Revised Cardigan

Looking for something for idle hands, I dug out some cotton yarn I had gotten on sale and thought I'd knit up a few baby things for the Birthright collection at church. The Baby Soft Cardigan from The Knitter's Book of Yarn came to mind, but I remembered with dread the sewing together of all those pieces. (I'm such a baby.)

Paper and pencil in hand, I revised this cute little cardigan so that when it's done, all that's left to do is to weave in a few ends, block it, and pop on some cute buttons. I wrote down my notes mostly for my own use, but then thought it wouldn't hurt to make it available on my Ravelry listing for this project. Click here for my revised Baby Soft Cardigan scribblings.

I started knitting this innocent little project last night while we watched the vampire bloodbath, 30 Days of Night. Not the greatest movie ever, but Friday nights are good for gore. Why someone hasn't thought of this premise before for a vampire movie is beyond me. The vampires go to Barrow, Alaska--no sunlight for a whole month! Brilliant! Without spoiling anything, once the ax came out, I just knit a few more rows of sunny yellow yarn.