Sunday, August 10, 2008

Da, Da, Da-da-da-da-daaaa...

Can't you tell that it's the Olympic theme?

I cast-on my Alix's Lace Prayer Shawl on Friday night during the Opening Ceremonies, but have to admit that I did more watching than knitting. That has to be the most fabulous thing that has ever been on television, and on HD, it was awesome. We missed the very beginning, so we Tivo'd the replay, and I can't wait to watch it again.

Now that the games have started, I've found I'm a much more productive knitter during, say, the team handball competition or men's badminton. Whoa! Just as I hoped, the pattern didn't take long to figure out, and so I can just take a quick glance at the pattern to work the lace row and then there always the "take-a-break" purl row to keep up with what's going on as the guys click from one event to the next. Even though I wasn't initially too excited to work with this yarn, I think it's really the perfect choice. It's soft with a nice sheen and has some real depth of color. I think it will hold the pattern well with washing, too.

No Olympics or knitting last night as we went to the Melissa Etheridge concert in St. Paul. Jim bought the tickets long ago for a work night out, but everyone backed out at the last minute, so I ended up going with him. Not being a fan, I only recognized a couple of her bigger hits. Jim enjoyed it and is a good sport about going to Elvis Costello or jazz concerts, so it was fair play.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Very cool shawl. I enjoyed the moving printer's squares.

Soo said...

I love the colour of the shawl -- and what a great Ravelympics project!! Good luck!